How to Get Involved
Are you new to corporate responsibility and sustainability and want to know how to get involved? Here are some ways to get started:
- How to get started
- Join the OIA Sustainability Working Group
- Start examining your product sustainability
- Attend the OIA SWG meetings at Outdoor Retailer - click here for the OR Winter Market 2014 schedule of events (OR Summer Market 2014 schedule to be announced March/April 2014)
What is Indexing?
When talking about sustainability, you'll hear a lot about indexing. What exactly does this mean? Indexes are tools that provide a way for companies to benchmark and measure their environmental footprint, identify areas for improvement, and make informed sourcing and product lifecycle decisions. They address sustainability at the product level and help you examine processes throughout your supply chain.
If you have any questions about our corporate responsibility work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outdoor Industry Association is committed to helping our industry identify and implement best practices in environmental and social responsibility. We recognize the critical role that collaboration plays in these efforts.
In 2007, the Outdoor Industry Association Sustainability Working Group (OIA SWG) — originally called the Eco Working Group — formed, the result of several leading outdoor companies recognizing that they could make meaningful progress by working together on shared issues throughout their global supply chains.
Today, more than 250 outdoor brands, retailers, suppliers and other stakeholder organizations are voluntarily collaborating to develop solutions that will help companies identify and reduce the environmental and social impacts of their products.
The work of the OIA SWG is focused on taking action to solve some of the most pressing supply chain challenges that companies face and that are key to business survival. The industry is investing in work that can be used by companies large and small.
The OIA Corporate Responsibility Program strives to:
- Advance and adopt industry standards on environmental and social responsibility
- Serve as the industry think tank (incubator, facilitator, developer and implementer) of innovative, thought-leading corporate responsibility initiatives
- Articulate the business case for responsible business practices
- Facilitate industry engagement with external stakeholders on corporate responsibility issues
Currently, the OIA SWG is focusing on four key work areas: