Benefits of Membership
As an Outdoor Industry Association member, you and your entire team can access valuable research, education and networking opportunities designed to help your business succeed.
Join Online or call 303.444.3353
Education and Events
OIA fosters the growth of the industry through offering and/or sponsoring professional opportunities that educate, develop skills and allow for networking opportunities among members, including:
- Outdoor University – OIA's educational platform offers over 100 live and recorded sessions on topics relevant to the outdoor industry. All sessions are free for members and either a nominal fee or free for nonmembers.
- Rendezvous – The premier education conference for the outdoor industry
- Outdoor Retailer – OIA is the title sponsor of the largest outdoor industry tradeshow
Get up-to-the-minute market intelligence, including sales trends data, U.S. participation studies, economic impact reports and much more.
- OIA VantagepointTM – The best, broadest and most timely outdoor product sales data available anywhere.
- Retailer & Manufacturing Intelligence – Operational and financial insight for outdoor industry retailers
- Outdoor Recreation Economy Study – Quantifying the national economic contribution of outdoor activities to the U.S. economy
- Participation Studies – The only detailed research of its kind tracking American participation trends in outdoor recreation
OIA members save, on average, over $8,000 per year and over $50 million in the past five years through these savings programs:.
- Outdoor Retailer – OIA members receive 10% off their booth space and furnishings
- Up to 75% off select UPS services
- Save 70% on less-than-truckload shipping with YRC Freight and YRC Regional
- Savings up to 79% off on OfficeMax products and services
- Credit card rates as low as 1.97% with Bank of America Merchant Services
- Exclusive preferred pricing on Outdoor Sports Insurance uniquely tailored for outdoor industry companies
- 40% savings on job listings on the Outdoor Industry Career Center site.
- Discounted Operational Process Improvement services with Mass Ingenuity
Are you doing all you can to get in front of the right people? OIA provides a variety of ways of getting the word out about your company.
- Press Releases – Post your press releases in one of the most visited sections on the OIA website.
- Industry Calendar – Drive attendance to your events by posting it in the Industry Calendar.
- OIA Member Directory – This member-only directory lists all of our member company names, websites and general information.
- Sponsorships/Advertising – OIA members receive special consideration for event sponsorships and special rates for advertising in our publications.
OIA is the voice for active outdoor recreation, advancing and influencing policies that will support the growth and success of the outdoor industry, and inspiring and growing future generations of outdoor enthusiasts.
- Outdoor Recreation Economy – Outdoor recreation contributes $646 billion to the U.S. economy. OIA is leading the charge to educate and encourage policy makers to support legislation that will help keep the outdoor industry an economic powerhouse.
- Trade & Business Program – Saved the industry upwards of $7 million annually through an aggressive trade agenda;
- Recreation Program – Secures billions of dollars for public lands and waters
- Political Action Committee is a voluntary non-partisan group that supports candidates for federal office whose policy views and voting records are aligned with the OIA policy agendas.
- The Outdoor Foundation, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) established to inspire and grow future generations of outdoor enthusiasts.
- OIA Working Groups tackle issues affecting the outdoor industry, including sustainability, fair labor and standards, to create tools and resources for the industry.
Learn more about OIA Advocacy